Although gyms have reopened, you still may be hesitant to return to the facilities due to the coronavirus pandemic.
But, that doesn’t mean you have to throw away your fitness goals for the new year — especially when it’s possible to exercise at home.
At-home workout equipment sales have been booming, especially with machines such as Peloton stationary bikes.
Whether you’re aiming to burn fat, build muscle or just remain in shape, we found equipment to help you build your own home workout space.
It’s recommended to do moderate-intensity exercise about two or three days a week for at least 30 minutes, according to UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Here are some cardio machines to consider, along with some deals:
– Bowflex C6 Bike for $999
– EUROCO Elliptical Trainer Magnetic for $370, instead of $499
– Stamina Magnetic Rowing Machine for $300, instead of $620
– Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike for $899
– LifePro Pacer Folding Treadmill for $637.49, instead of $750
– Sunny Health and Fitness Magnetic Elliptical Trainer for $171, instead of $190
– The MYX for $1,099, instead of $1,299 (Get $200 off when you use promo code “MIXMOVES21″ at checkout.)
– OSUDA Indoor Stationary Bike for $350, instead of $400
– XTERRA Fitness Folding Exercise Bike for $117.11
Besides building muscle, strength training helps combat osteoporosis, arthritis, heart disease, obesity, stress, memory loss and can regulate blood sugar, according to New Mexico State University.
Here are some weights and bands to consider, along with some deals:
– CAP Barbell Cast Iron Hex Dumbbells starting at $5.74
– Gold’s Gym 4-Pound Pair Walking Dumbbells for $21.67
– SPRI Resistance Tube for $8.73
– Fuel Pureformance Textured Medicine Ball starting at $18.61
– 66-Pound Adjustable Dumbbell Weights for Bodybuilding Training for $115, instead of $139
– 3-Piece Kettlebell Set with Storage Rack for $60, instead of $90
Mats make workouts more comfortable, while yoga improves balance, flexibility, pain, relaxation, energy and stress, according to John Hopkins Medicine.
Here are some mats and yoga equipment to consider, along with some deals:
– Lululemon yoga mats; prices vary
– Sivan Health and Fitness Yoga Set for $43
– Thick Flooring Puzzle Exercise Mat for $25, instead of $30
– Grippy Yoga Barre Socks (2-Pack) for $7.86
– Lululemon No Limits Stretching Strap for $16
– Yoga Block for $4
Please subscribe now and support the local journalism YOU rely on and trust.